Friday 22 October 2010

Blackness Castle - Sterling, Scotland

Erry up its cold!!





View Larger Map











Double Glazing?? No! go away we don't need any thanks ;)

Boo!!






On our way back across the Forth Bridge I spotted a sign for Blackness Castle, that rang bells with me and we decided to have a drive down to it, the winding road went on forever! Eventually we arrived, at the ticket office and we were met by a nice Scottish man dress all in green tartan, I needed my memory jogging regarding any paranormal information and warned Richard to hide his humiliation at this request. The Scottish chap obligingly offered us some tales and continued on with a lengthy pitch about its paranormal pleasantries and unpleasantness's . "She was chased out of the building by the jailer you know!"  and out he pulled a copy of Richard Jones book "Haunted Britain and Ireland" Yes! I have a copy I said to him and thanked him for jogging my memory.  This is the first castle I had ever visited that was in the shape of a ship, very odd! As I looked out of the window out on to the windy firth of forth estuary, it made me want keep looking over my shoulder as I felt like I was about to be shoved out of it at any second.  The courtyard was tricky underfoot and I was precariously walking over the outcrop hoping that my twisted ankle wouldn't play up again. I took some short videos (which I shall upload once I get my computer fixed!) People have heard unexplained banging and furniture being dragged across a floor, areas that were totally unoccupied. An angry knight is said to have chased a visitor out, some say its a jailer as the castle used to be a prison, there are differing stories to this, but they all sound great!


Angry Knight
Location: Blackness - Blackness Castle
Type: Haunting Manifestation
Date / Time: 1990's
Further Comments: This vexed spirit chased a female witness out of the castle during a sightseeing tour. Banging sounds have also been reported, with no source ever being found.

No comments:

Post a Comment