Wednesday 6 October 2010

Fountains Hall and Abbey, North Yorkshire - my first ghost sighting?


View Larger Map



Fountains Hall



Fountains Abbey was full of surprises one Sunday afternoon. We were visiting in a none paranormal fashion.I actually saw something on a normal day out with hubby and the dog. It was a glorious sunny summers day, we went to Fountains Abbey in North Yorkshire England, the place was packed, folks having picnics on the grass and stuff.

In street view below is the building where I saw the ghost?

View Larger Map
We decided to go in an old barn that had been converted into mini history museum about how the cistercian monks lived and worked, no one else was in the building except me, Rich was waiting for me outside with the dog. I wasn't thinking about anything paranormal that day. When I reach the centre of the room I saw for a split second but long enough to gain a description of him - a man crouched down working on something, he was wearing what looked like a leather waistcoat, it was really weird, it was like residual?/mental projection. I claim I am not psychic, I am scientifically minded but it looked like something from the phantasmagoria (Peppers ghost illusion) or very much like it, it was very odd! I still can't get my head round it.

Peppers ghost illusion (phantasmagoria)

'The blue ghost resides in nearby Fountains Hall also an Elizabethan gent has been seen coming out from some wood panelling at the hall.

Choral choirs and chanting have been heard at the abbey.

No comments:

Post a Comment